The new property which the outgoing governor moved into weeks ago on Miagun Road, behind Kano Club, Nasarawa GRA, was partly destroyed by fire late Monday night.’
Though ,the Kano State Fire Service public relations officer, Saminu Yusuf, who confirmed the fire outbreak however said that the incident had been put under control.
It was gathered that the fire started from the section where Dr. Ganduje rears cows and other animals, an area which was “completely destroyed and many of the animals died in the inferno, with other multi million naira property razed down.”
The source said “The cause of the fire was not immediately known, but it started during the cause of metal welding in the house as work as (sic) still on going to make the place a befitting residence for Kano State outgoing first citizen…
“You see the renovation became so necessary as Governor Ganduje was not happy with the state of the house keep that led to sacking of about 21 domestic staff at the property.”